- Depth estimation
- Camera-projector calibration
- BSDF/BTDF measurement
- Transmittance measurement
- Color prediction
- Image segmentation
- 2015 – now: PhD student at IVRL, EPFL, Switzerland
- 2014 – 2015: PhD fellowship student at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2012 – 2014: M.Sc. in Computer Science at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2006 – 2012: B.Sc in Computer Engineering at FEEIT, Skopje, Macedonia
- 06.2017 – 09.2017: Intern at Disney Research, Zürich, Switzerland
- 09.2013 – 02.2014: Intern at Océ PLT – A Canon Company, Paris area, France
- 06.2012 – 08.2013: Research assistant at LSP-EPFL, Switzerland
- 12.2010 – 05.2011: Junior researcher at Digital Image Processing team at FEEIT, Macedonia
- M. El Helou, M. Shahpaski, and S. Süsstrunk. Closed-Form Solution to Disambiguate Defocus Blur in Single-Perspective Images. OSA Imaging and Applied Optics Congress, Mathematics in Imaging. 2019.
- M. Shahpaski, L. R. Sapaico, and S. Süsstrunk. Comparative analysis of transmittance measurement geometries and apparatus. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging. 2019.
- P. Pjanic, M. Shahpaski, and A. Grundhöfer. Magic Prints: Image-Changing Prints Observed under Visible and 365 nm UV Light. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology (JIST). 2018.
- M. Shahpaski, L. R. Sapaico, G. Chevassus, and S. Süsstrunk. Simultaneous Geometric and Radiometric Calibration of a Projector-Camera Pair. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR). 2017.
- T. Baar, M. Shahpaski, and M. V. Ortiz Segovia, Ghosting compensation in relief images for directional prints. U.S. Patent No. 9,418,323. 16 Aug 2016.
- T. Baar, M. Shahpaski, and M. V. Ortiz Segovia. Image ghosting reduction in lenticular relief prints. Proc. SPIE 9018, Measuring, Modeling, and Reproducing Material Appearance. 2014.